Re: [TenTec] [Ten Tec} Corsair II weak weak receive

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Ten Tec} Corsair II weak weak receive
From: jon greenwood via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 01:09:54 +0000 (UTC)
Success!!!! Steve you nailed it! I had no ground at R33 and C23. I took me a
while to realize how ground made it to this point on the board.
The ground runs through the case of L6. I traced back to there and still no
ground. I picked up on L6 and the case popped right off in my hand. Both solder
tabs were broken off. I did not have a spare so I ran a wire up and over L6.
Soldered the wire in both pads and to the top of the case of L6 to ground it.
Fired the rig up and was copying WWV on 10 MHZ with only a 6 ft coax pigtail
attached. Hooked that up to an antenna and the Corsair is back in business! Did
an alignment and comparing to my TS480 with it's preamp on The Corsair is neck
and neck with it. Just a lot quieter!
The voltages on Q6 are now R32/R33 1.6v the R31/32 11.0 and the emitter is .9v
So the collector is still a little high but the other two are now at spec. and
Q6 seems to be functioning great. The AGC was dead and is now working normally.
So big THANK YOU to everyone for your input, especially Steve for pointing to
the solution.73Jon N8MUS