[SECC] Fw: Important changes to ARRL Club rules

Subject: [SECC] Fw: Important changes to ARRL Club rules
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 17:23:51 +0000
In the first place, I realize the value of all our members, and would
hate to see some excluded.

In the second place, I am distinctly under the impression that the rule
change did NOT mention sections, but ARRL Divisions.
If that is correct, we would lose SC, NC, and TN. But, we would pick up
FL, KP4, and KP2. Not to exclude some of our very proficient members,
but if K4BAI, W4AN, and NQ4I were to operate from KP2 and 4, our scores
would increase dramatically.

If I misread the change, I would vote to keep the 175 rule also.

And keep in mind that this change ONLY affects ARRL contests.

I have been tracking log submissions from our NC members, and find them
to be almost non existant. At the very least,  I would like to have the
circle realigned. Our rules require 2 contest submissions per year, and
maybe it's time to enforce it.

I also see absolutely no problem with an associate club from the Roanoke
Division.

I merely suggested a motion, and it has a second. I am perfectly willing
to abide by a vote.

Now I have better things to do, namely, replacing 1/2 of the DE on my
15.

73
Ed