[SECC] new rules

Subject: [SECC] new rules
From: Courtney Judd" <k4wi@earthlink.net (Courtney Judd)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 06:49:29 -0600
Well this just doesn't change anything for me. I am still outside of the 175
mile limit and I don't think you can have sections that cross state lines.
So if I want to be part of a club that I can really be a contributor, then
the option to have an Alabama section would make sense in a way; but a club
centered on Tuscaloosa with a 175 mile limit would get most of Alabama and
Mississippi would be even better. I have thought about this before when I
brought up the 175 limit but would it be a viable effort? Larry, there are 5
hams here in west Alabama alone.. K4WI, KV4T, KS4YT, K4XDX, KD4Y and some
others who would like to be part! The best answer is to get the limit
extended to 250 miles and keep what we have. But then again the Gulf Coast
Contest Club or whatever might be real option. My 2 cents...
Courtney Judd K4WI
2300 County Road 61
Uniontown, Al. 36786
e-mail= k4wi@earthlink.net