[SECC] NAQP names

Subject: [SECC] NAQP names
From: dxcc@dbtech.net (Allan & Bridget)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:31:51 -0500
I agree that of all the suggestions, SECC is the best idea if it is agreed
that we will use the name (and I agree that John made some very good
points).  I used my real name last year and had a tough time...too many
different ways to spell it and the name doesn't "travel well" over SSB and
QRM.  It probably helps that I'm not well known enough for anyone to be
thrown off by a different name (unlike Bill and John)--they only know either
my name or my call, not both at once LOL.  I don't know if we'll do the CW
stint, but will probably do the phone contest (my name is murder on CW
also...I try not to use it if at all possible...imagine trying to tell
someone my name on 160m using CW in 20+ QRN!).  If we decide not to use a
club name then I'll make something silly up this time around.  If people are
depending on the databases for accuracy then shame on them anyway!
73,
Bridget, KS4YT