[SECC] NAQP Names

Subject: [SECC] NAQP Names
From: jpryor@ARCHES.UGA.EDU (Jay Pryor)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:10:15 -0400
K4BAI, as always, makes an excellent point regarding messing with people's
minds (and more importantly, their databases) if you use an unusual name in
the NAQP.  It will likely slow you down because there's little question
that you will be asked for more repeats than if you used your regular name.

Obviously, it is up to each individual to determine just how serious you
intend to operate the contest, and whether you want to use a name other
than your own.  Of all the suggestions made, I like W4AN's idea of using
SECC for the name.  If I were going to be able to operate the full 10 hours
I'd probably use my own name.  But I'm not going to be able to operate in
this one very much, if at all, so I'll be using SECC as my name for the CW
test.  For phone, when I expect to operate full time, I'll likely use Jay.

FWIW . . .

73,

- Jay, K4OGG