Re: [RTTY] Rate killer/QRP

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Rate killer/QRP
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:06:52 -0400
I tried to help out here. I had SIX 'newbies' here on Saturday. It didn't help the rate to play teacher, but in the long term, it may help provide some operators.

Steve
like to see us be more inclusive and less exclusive.  The more we encourage
all interest niches to join our contesting activity the better for all of
us.  It's a win-win.  And, if these folks feel welcome and have a good time,
they'll be back.  Then, if they come back often enough, they'll start
picking up our techniques and short, snappy exchanges.  Then, we'll have
less to complain about.  Moreover, complaining here is futile because we're
just preaching to each other--none of our perceived offenders are subscribed
to this reflector.

So, for my part I intend to continue (1) welcoming all participants, and (2)
improving my own operating behaviour to set a good example for others to
emulate.

Ed W0YK