Re: [RTTY] FW: If you care about CW and RTTY - time is of the essence

To: "'Matthew Pitts'" <n8ohu@yahoo.com>, "'Ron Kolarik'" <rkolarik@neb.rr.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FW: If you care about CW and RTTY - time is of the essence
From: " Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 21:31:46 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: RTTY [mailto:rtty-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Matthew Pitts via
RTTY
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 9:09 PM
To: Ron Kolarik; rtty@contesting.com

>From what I know, there's no chance of it happening any time soon; none of the
>Yaesu radios that have System Fusion capabilities can
use that mode with anything other than one specific accessory and if memory
serves, the FT-991 doesn't even support it, period.

Yeah, I guess you're right; it's too bad folks have to feel threatened by
things that won't happen to realize that maybe their
version of events isn't the whole story. Sadly, it's those folks that are the
ones that make choices that retard the advancement of
technology in one country compared to the rest of the world.

>>>It is the operators of automatic stations who refuse to deploy competent
>>>busy frequency detectors - and their apologists - who
are responsible for the justifiable opposition to increases in QRM by stations
that transmit without first verifying that the
frequency range is clear.

        73,

               Dave, AA6YQ