Re: [RTTY] Hints and tips on how to file comments on RM-11708

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Hints and tips on how to file comments on RM-11708
From: Kai <k.siwiak@ieee.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:39:23 -0500
Chen
The FCC have also stated that
Note 23 on page 11 of ARRL filing: "As the commission noted in Mark Miller, supra, changing the rules to prohibit a communications technology that is currently in use is not in the public interest." [note 21: See the Order, Mark Miller, DA 08-1082, 23 FCC Rcd. 7449 (2008).

That is why I think that lowest number can be 2200 Hz. That RTTY max combo of 300 B and 1000 S by FCC calculation fro 2 tone FSK would be 300+1.2(1000)=1500 Hz..

Note by doing nothing, future PACTOR like modulations can and will transmit unlimited BWs, as long as they can find easy access to ham radios that have SSB bandwidths that are large enough - as for example your SDR radio. As these become common, they WILL increase the BWs! We need to have a limit - as opposed to "do nothing".

QRM is not raised in the ARRL ruling, so we should somehow find language shows BW of even 2200 Hz is already harmful, so we don't want them to increase beyond that (except above 28 MHz maybe).

73
Kai, KE4PT