Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL attack on current RTTY users
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:36:59 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 18:44:19 -0600, W1HKJ wrote:

>.  In my 56 years of amateur radio
>I can attest to having many a CW QRP QSO disrupted by an overly avid
>RTTY contester.  My 5 watt CW signal just cannot compete with the player
>who is filling the RF with a legal limit amplifier.

REPLY:

Contesters who transmit on a busy frequency should be ashamed of themselves.
But on the other hand, a QRP signal may not be heard by an HP station,  and
therefore might be squashed when he fires up on an apparently empty
frequency. This is one reason why people buy amplifiers... to be heard at a
distance, not to squash the little guys.

When running QRP, accidental QRM for he HP guys is a fact of life dictated
by the laws of physics. Adapt as best you can.

And by the way, thanks for fldigi and especially for making it
cross-platform. I wish more programmers would do that!!

73, Bill W6WRT