Re: [RTTY] Commercial Interfaces

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Commercial Interfaces
From: Jay WS7I <ws7ik7tj@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 06:21:33 -0800
On 12/9/2012 4:49 PM, Kok Chen wrote:
On Dec 9, 2012, at 4:12 PM, Tom Osborne wrote:

Cost around $40 and works FSK or AFSK.
When comparing prices, you need to look at the "extras" that you would need to
complete the setup.

With the Buxcomm, I believe you will need to add the cost of a decent sound
card with a -96 dBFS noise floor if you want to be comparable to a DigiKeyer II
from MicroHAM.
My Imic was pretty cheap. You also need to make sure that any commercial thing you get is certified for Windows 8 as there are reports out that some don't work with Windows 8. As some of these guys don't write their own drivers they are at the mercy of some 3rd party.