Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY

To: Earl <n5zm@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:03:41 -0700 (PDT)
--- Earl <n5zm@arrl.net> wrote:

> While we are on names please all you Al's out there please use Alan or
> Allen. It sure dose mess up WL when you click on AL and it goes to the
> state location in the entry box.
>
> Also some state abbreviations such as DEL and Indiana spelled out. Isn't
> there a place in the .ini file to steer these exceptions to the proper
> abbreviations.

Yes, DO NOT spell out the state.  This weekend I saw:

  Delaware (should have been just DE)
  N.C. (should have been just NC, corrected later)

Also avoid the word "IN" as in "AL IN DELAWARE"

I started writing up stuff like this but never finished it:

  http://www.ad1c.us/HamRadio/rttypro.htm

73 - Jim AD1C

USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us