Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY

Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP RTTY
From: Earl <n5zm@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:40:14 -0500
While we are on names please all you Al's out there please use Alan or
Allen. It sure dose mess up WL when you click on AL and it goes to the
state location in the entry box. This time I logged an AL in CA and an
AL in NJ, had to hand edit the entry window in the middle of a run. I
know whine - whine.

Also some state abbreviations such as DEL and Indiana spelled out. Isn't
there a place in the .ini file to steer these exceptions to the proper
abbreviations.

Earl N5ZM..

k0bx@arrl.net wrote:

>I had to LOL when I saw this remark from Jim.
>
>Several years ago I used "DRDEMENTO" as a name.  Boy,
>I think everyone is younger than me.  No one except
>one guy knew who Dr. Demento was, and every qso I had
>to repeat several times the name.
>
>Then a few years ago (how soon we forget) I used
>"JOEY" instead of Joe.
>
>Now in every RTTY contest there are several guys with
>their friends file with K0BX=JOEY calling me.  How
>long will it be until they get an updated friends
>file??? Only the Shadow Knows!!
>

>Joe K0BX
>
>--- Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
>I learned a valuable lesson this weekend (if you're
>not learning,
>you're not
>growing):
>
>    Don't use a stupid nickname like BigPapi
>(apologies to Mr. Ortiz)
>    I don't remember how many times I had to send it
>again.

Earl F. Smith - N5ZM

PO Box 20065
White Hall, AR  71612-0065