[RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score
From: w2up at mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Tue Aug 19 16:55:01 2003
On 19 Aug 2003 Robert Bajuk wrote:

> That's the reason why USA stations are kindly asked to sign /x if operating
> outside their own callsign area. I know that is not prescribed by FCC rules
> but is not forbidden, too! Am I right? It is not easy to order something
> with the rules what is incompatible with home legislation.
>
> I really don't know what "kind request" means grammaticaly in US English, to
> obey, simple ignore or to obey only when is good and gainful for someone:-)
>
> 73 de Robert, S57AW

Robert,
I have earned a 1x2 callsign. I do not wish to add 2 more characters
to my callsign just for a contest.
I certainly respect the right of any organization to have contest
rules as they wish. However, if I find those rules objectionable, for
whatever reason, I won't operate that contest.
I am sure your contest will be a success without my participation,
but since we are discussing it, this is one reason why my callsign
will not be in any logs.
See everybody in CQWW RTTY, if not sooner!
73,
Barry W2UP--