[RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score
From: s57aw at hamradio.si (Robert Bajuk)
Date: Tue Aug 19 14:48:27 2003
Hello,

I agree with Goetz at that point. We - non USA hams are sometimes in a very
ungrateful situation when trying to make contest rules equal as much as
possible for all the contestants. We would like to make contest attractive
with some "non-standard" exchange like ITU or WAS zones for example.

Of course, I do respect FCC decision regarding non-portable calls, but
contest software doesn't know everyone and his/her actual QTH to count QSO
points correctly.

Scoring in SCC RTTY Championship (every last weekend in August) also depends
on USA calls areas:

7. QSO POINTS
   - One (1) QSO point for contacts within your own DXCC or WAE country;
   - Two (2) QSO points for contacts within your own continent but outside
your own DXCC or WAE  country;
   - Two (2) QSO points for contacts between different W, VE, VK, ZL, ZS, JA
and PY call areas, LU provinces and Asiatic Russia UA9/UA0 oblasts;
      Note: USA stations are kindly asked to use '/x', if operating outside
their own callsign area (K5ZD/1).
   - Three (3) QSO points for contacts outside your own continent.

Rules we made honest-to-goodness. We do think that big countries as USA, VE,
VK.... have to be exception in same way because to make QSO between W1 and
W7 is sometimes harder (and longer) than intercontinental contact.

That's the reason why USA stations are kindly asked to sign /x if operating
outside their own callsign area. I know that is not prescribed by FCC rules
but is not forbidden, too! Am I right? It is not easy to order something
with the rules what is incompatible with home legislation.

I really don't know what "kind request" means grammaticaly in US English, to
obey, simple ignore or to obey only when is good and gainful for someone:-)

73 de Robert, S57AW