[RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score
From: wrt at dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue Aug 19 11:46:33 2003
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 07:53:02 -0700, "Ken Brookner" <kenb@brookner.com>
wrote:

>my preference for continental US ops is to disallow all portable signing
>during contests.  for working by numbers, i'm a '5' and i don't play
>games trying to double dip in pile-ups by also trying the 'portable 7'
>ploy.  where contests absolutely require portable signing, i generally
>don't play anymore.
>
>i think that would make it simpler for everyone to *not* use portable
>signage for US continental ops.  my .02.

I agree, also being "out of area".  There's nothing wrong with using
US call areas for multipliers, but since the FCC has removed the
requirement for signing portable, I see it as more of a "prefix" than
a physical location.  More like WPX, in other words.

W7TI is my call assigned by the FCC; W7TI/6 is not.

As I recall, in some other countries the /portable designator is NOT
optional, so there it makes sense because it is the actual call.

But ultimately, it's up to the contest sponsors to make it mandatory
or not.

--
73, Bill W7TI/6 (sort of)