[RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AA5AU SARTG Score
From: wrt at dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue Aug 19 21:28:49 2003
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:47:10 +0200, "Robert Bajuk" <s57aw@hamradio.si>
wrote:

>I really don't know what "kind request" means grammaticaly in US English, to
>obey, simple ignore or to obey only when is good and gainful for someone:-)

To make the requirement mandatory in English, the rule should use the
words "must" or "shall" instead of "kind request".

Here is one possible wording: "Stations operating within their own
country but from a call area different from their callsign must use
the portable designator.  Example: W1AA operating in the sixth call
area must send W1AA/6".

To a native English speaking person that could only be interpreted as
a mandatory condition, never as an optional one.

--
73, Bill W7TI