[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:44:23 -0500
> Just because you don't care to exchange QTC's doesn't mean you shouldn't
> operate the contest.  We need everyone's participation!

Let me join the crowd and say YES, PLEASE OPERATE!  I think the QTCs are fun
(with WriteLog and good signals!), but I distinctly remember the first time
I ever heard of QTCs, just a very short time ago!  It was the SSB version -
All the DX kept asking, "Any QTC's?"  If I said NO, they just said OK.
However, I remember one time trying to ask what they were, and the DX
finally just said "Aw, forget it!"  HI HI

There must be other casual operators that will get on to work some DX and
not fully understand the contest - THEY ARE WELCOME - as are any others that
simply don't want to do the QTC part!  Keep RTTY contests alive!  73 - John
(WA9ALS)

P.S.  Some people not liking QTCs contributed to my getting the 1999 W9
cert - nice one too!  ;-)