[RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WAEDC RTTY Contest
From: kari.hirvonen@alpha.fi (Kari Hirvonen)
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:49:45 +0200

Hi fellow Rttyer's,

I fully agree with with Bill W7TI, his opinion hits the target. The point is
to collect and log as many
stations & multis as possible in a limited time. That's so simple.We're
really not anymore testing the
error free data flow between the continent and so vesting the time to
nonsense during a contest.

I vote for non-QTC !

Please readjust the WAE RTTY rules for next year.

rgds,

Kari OH2BP
http://www.alpha.fi/oh2bp

´'The Life is for RTTY Contesting'

Bill Turner wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 10:20:54 +0100, Waldemar DK3VN wrote:
>
> >I am very surprised to read, that many RRTY OP's, even the "old ones",
> >don't like this contest, because they don't understand, what a QTC is???
> >I may understand, that SSB OP's don't know, what a QTC is, but a RTTY OP
> >should know what a QTC is! Boy, I am really surprised!

> Hi Waldemar:  I understand what a QTC is; I just don't think sending
> message traffic is fun.  That's just my preference. For those who like
> to do it, fine.  My enjoyment in contesting comes from seeing how many
> stations I can contact, not from passing traffic.  I like working lots
> of stations, lots of countries, lots of multipliers, busy, busy, busy.
> Sending lists of who you worked before is pointless, IMO.
>
> I'm not trying to take away anyone's enjoyment from WAE; it just has no
> attraction for me.
>
> 73, Bill W7TI

                Kari Hirvonen Alpha Point Ltd
           /\   P.O. Box 41, FIN-00751 Helsinki, Finland
          /  \  kari.hirvonen@alpha.fi
   ___   /  /   WWW: http://www.alpha.fi
 /  _  \/  /    Visiting address: Maatullinaukio 10 B, Helsinki 00750
/  / \     \           Mobile: +358-50-68800
\  \_/  /\  \   /\     Office: +358-9-34 64 34 1
 \ ___ /  \__\ /__\    Fax:    +358-9-34 64 34 2
                A.R.S  OH2BP@SRAL.FI