RFI

Re: [RFI] New ARRL Mission statement > Was solar fix

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] New ARRL Mission statement > Was solar fix
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2024 08:56:51 -0600
With the current state of affairs at the ARRL and management I am certain that I am not overly interested in throwing all our eggs in that basket regarding RFI.

It is amazing to me that people are willing to shoot down ideas before they are really formed.  God forbid that a grass roots organization could actually pick up some steam.  Why could that organization not work hand in hand with others?

This my way or the highway way of doing things needs to end. Lets just leave it for the ARRL, that has done next to nothing for years and is taking on water like the Titanic. I haven't seen anything out of the CEO or President that shows they have the ability to organize and manage a huge effort like this. It sounds great on paper, lacks any detail like nearly all their ideas. I would like to see them do something that works first.

To be clear I appreciate what is currently being done at the ARRL RFI dept but the scale is far to small. For every success we fall further and further behind as the same power supplies are docking on our shores and being sold be everyday. How many bad solar installations are done a day? Does anyone really believe we will be able to get them to go fix every bad installation? What are the chances of the Solar lobby just paying off congress and getting a get out of jail exemption? We need every ham and every industry affected on board.

If we can't talk freely, openly, honestly and civilly among ourselves we stand very little chance to change things.