Propagation

[Propagation] Geomagnetic Storming Commences

To: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: [Propagation] Geomagnetic Storming Commences
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:12:13 -0500
It looks like the major to severe geomagnetic storming that I forecasted began
at approximately 1800 UTC today. It was preceeded at approximately 1600 UTC by
another huge X1 class solar flare and day side HF blackout, plus the beginning
of elevated energetic proton event >10 Mev (10+o).

Unfortunately we will be experiencing prolonged episodes of geomagnetic
storming during the upcoming week. Just in time to ruin the testing of my new
160-10 meter inverted L project.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Retired Space & Atmospheric Weather Forecaster
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX
Lat & Long 27 58 33.6397 N 82 09 52.4052 W
kn4lf@arrl.net

PropNET Beacon Program: http://www.propnet.org
KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
KN4LF HF/MF Frequency Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
KN4LF Amateur & SWL Radio History: http://www.kn4lf.com/index.htm

---