Propagation

[Propagation] Sever/Major Geomagnetic Storming To Occur

To: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: [Propagation] Sever/Major Geomagnetic Storming To Occur
From: "Thomas Giella KN4LF" <kn4lf@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 22:05:13 -0500
In the past four days we have seen 3-4 Earth directed full halo coronal mass
ejections occur in association with a series of M and X class solar flares.
I expect to see severe geomagnetic storming at high latitudes and major
geomagnetic storming at mid latitudes commence in 6-12 hours. High and mid
latitude night time propagation paths on the MF AM broadcast band, 160, 120, 90
and 80/75 meters will be most impacted. Also high and mid latitude propagation
paths at day time on 10, 12, 15 and 17 meters will be most impacted.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Retired Space & Atmospheric Weather Forecaster
Plant City, FL, USA
Grid Square EL87WX
Lat & Long 27 58 33.6397 N 82 09 52.4052 W
kn4lf@arrl.net

PropNET Beacon Program: http://www.propnet.org
KN4LF Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
KN4LF HF/MF Frequency Radio Propagation Theory Notes:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf8.htm
KN4LF Amateur & SWL Radio History: http://www.kn4lf.com/index.htm

---