RE: [Karlnet] 802.11a radio's?

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] 802.11a radio's?
From: Paul Horak <paulhorak@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 14:03:40 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Dan,

> Will karlnet be supporting any 802.11a radio's? what
> is the time frame?

I think there will be support for cards with the
Atheros chipset sometime soon - I seem to recall it
was a week or two away about 2 months ago! :-)

In the meatime I gave up waiting and tried out the
Microtik solution. Seems to work great and there is a
reasonable chance I can upgrade the box to a Karlnet
flashrom setup at a later date.

One problem with the 802.11a cards is the lack of
external antenna connector. I do not know of any way
to hack an antenna onto any PCMCIA cards, but it is
relatively easy with some PCI cards - this may also be
holding up Karlnet. However, I am very much looking
forward to see a Karlnet RG+ capable of running
2.4/5.3/5.8GHz - that must be about 12 non-overlapping
channels to play with...

Cheers.

Paul