[CQ-Contest] Self-spot not allowed in IARU HF Championship

To: CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Self-spot not allowed in IARU HF Championship
From: "Paolo, IK3QAR" <ik3qar@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 09:31:39 +0200
I was sure that the IARU HF Championship was an ARRL contest, and therefore allowed self-spot like the others.

However, the rules (https://www.arrl.org/iaru-hf-world-championship) it is clearly state that self-spot is not allowed.

In doubt that the rules were not up to date, I wrote to the ARRL Contest manager who replied: "As IARU is not an ARRL sponsored event (we process the logs and publish the results), Self Spotting is prohibited in the IARU HF World Championship."

Was I the only one who had this doubt? :)

73 Paolo IK3QAR