Re: [CQ-Contest] 2024 RAC Canada Day Contest - July 1 @ 00:00 UTC

To: <ve5cpu@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2024 RAC Canada Day Contest - July 1 @ 00:00 UTC
From: JOHN GEIGER via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 11:54:33 -0500
Thanks for the reminder.  Will try to get on as much as I can for it.  One
thing I like about this contest is that it falls on different days of the week.
 It is fun to have a full blown 24 hour contest on a weekday.  Breaks up the
monotony of the week.

I wish the ARRL would sponsor a contest like this every July 4th.  The 13
colonies stations aren't really a contest.

73 John AF5CC

Sent using Zoho Mail

---- On Tue, 25 Jun 2024 11:02:35 -0500 ve5cpu@sasktel.net wrote ----

Good day all

We would like to invite you all to participate with us in Canada's on
the air celebration of the anniversary of Canadian
Confederation. Radio Amateurs of Canada (RAC) celebrates this event
with our annual Canada Day radiosport contest.

Mark your calendars for July 1, 2024 at 00:00 UTC and enjoy making
contacts across Canada's 10 provinces and 3 territories. We hope to
have a full slate of the RAC official stations from each area.

New for 2024 is the addition of a new 20 point bonus station - VE3RHQ
- our new RAC Head Quarters station.

Please note that commencing this year we are no longer accepting
paper logs. Our log submission system at https://contest.rac.ca is
the preferred method to submit logs

The contest rules are published here on the RAC web site:
https://www.rac.ca/contesting-results

Please feel free to share this announcement with anyone or group you
think might be interested.

The RAC Contest Management team looks forward to your participation.

See you on the air!
73, Bart - VE5CPU