Re: [CQ-Contest] Acking Sprint QSO's

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Acking Sprint QSO's
From: Randy Farmer <w8fn@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2024 09:44:07 -0500
I agree there's a problem somewhere, but I think it's a matter of hyper-competitive participants. I always have trouble getting through, but I make it my practice to wait to hear the ack before calling the owner of the new frequency. I can't say how many times I got beat out by someone jumping in before they were sure the QSO was final, but it was a bunch. On the other hand, I had some QSOs that I'm not sure are going to be good because I asked for fills on the number and instead got greeted by one or more stations dumping their calls over the ack. How about everybody just toning down the red mist and learning to wait a half second or so before punching the TX button?

73...
Randy, W8FN