Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spot in ARRL DX

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self spot in ARRL DX
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 10:46:17 -0800
On 2/2/2024 10:08 AM, Randy Thompson wrote:
It does seem the hobby has evolved to the point where making a contact
by any means is more fun/important than using tuning skills.
Disappointing, but it is what it is. On we go into the future.

And yet we persist in using the maintenance of historical records as an excuse for not modernizing contest scoring rules to make them more fun for participants who don't live in the regions those rules favor, the Atlantic Basin. That is, Europe and eastern North America.

73, Jim K9YC