Re: [CQ-Contest] Most cost-effective sending of qsl's direct to qsl bure

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Most cost-effective sending of qsl's direct to qsl bureaus via delivery services
From: Yuri <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 10:08:55 -0500
HAM Radio is a great hobby, which contains a lot of "sub-hobbies" in it, and that's what makes it attractive to so many different people.
Some love DXing, others - Contesting. Or building antennas and/or equipment.
Or even rag-chewing or FT8... Collecting paper QSL cards is one of them.
The only problem is we have a lot of aging people (myself included) in our hobby, and many of us think that things should be done "their" way. And only that way! Believe it or not, but in 2024 some people still love receiving paper QSLs. Why discourage them from doing this? Paper QSLs for many people have a meaning, as well as sentimental value. And not exclusively for DXCC submission purposes.

73, Yuri VE3DZ