Re: [CQ-Contest] Most cost-effective sending of qsl's direct to qsl bure

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Most cost-effective sending of qsl's direct to qsl bureaus via delivery services
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2024 12:53:11 -0800
LOTW

With a K9 call, I overwhelmed the W9 Bureau when I moved to California in 2006. JAs have an award for the quantity of paper cards. I was getting more cards than all others in the Bureau combined! I stopped using the Bureau ten years ago, because JAs were causing the Bureau to be 2-3 years behind. Now, I only send paper cards to US hams who are chasing awards like County Hunters, whose sponsors are so behind the times that they won't accept screen prints of LOTW confirmations.

73, Jim K9YC