Re: [CQ-Contest] cw speed

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cw speed
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 22:29:40 -0800
I meant to say nearly all of the major contests DO NOT penalize the sending station for the receiving station mis-copying any part of the QSO.

Bad fingers.

73, Jim K9YC

On 12/4/2023 9:30 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
Last I looked, nearly all of the major contests penalize the sending station for mis-copying any part of the QSO. Only the receiving station gets dinged if he misses something. I've heard some of the Russian contests DO penalize the sending station.

I believe that it is the responsibility of the sending station to correct the running station if the sending station thinks the running station got it wrong. In this case, I'll send my call at least twice before sending him the exchange, and will hang in as long as he's asking for a repeat.