Re: [CQ-Contest] cw speed

To: Martin Sellschopp <m.sellschopp@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cw speed
From: Dave Edmonds <dave@pkministrywebs.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 12:34:48 -0500
Hi Martin,

I typically send faster than the normal speed because it's one of the best
ways for me to have a decent hourly rate in the contests like CQWW. In CQWW
the exchange is easy to copy, but copying the callsign accurately is
crucial. If I am running, I am usually spotted and S&P ops will hear my
call and report over and over and over and over and over again. Also, the
S&P op can recognize his/her callsign at a high speed. In the CQWW CW, I
was to easily RUN at a high rate at a sending speed up to 40 wpm. In CQWPX
with serial numbers, I will slow down a bit, but still S&P ops know the
next Q number when I'm running SO1R.  Also, my callsign is pretty
well-known in the contests, so ops usually get it with no problem.

Those are my thoughts on your topic.

73 Dave WN4AFP