Re: [CQ-Contest] Endurance UP-Date

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Endurance UP-Date
From: Jeff Blaine <KeepWalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 10:22:00 -0600
I cannot believe the piling on of this guy's page.  I'm pretty sure everyone on this reflector who is interested in this topic is an adult and as such can make their own decisions as to the veracity of the gentleman's claims.  Hall of fame RTTY contester Don AA5AU mentions using an energy drink which seems like it would fall into the same category as all the stuff SND is talking about - and I don't recall the masses grabbing pitch forks and going on a hunt for Don's head.

I've preached to my adult children for decades that being an adult is all about living with the decisions you make.  But the great thing about being an adult is that you can make up your own mind, and proceed as you believe best.

It pretty much kills me to get over 36 hours in a contest.  Just from a fatigue standpoint having found the right chair a number years back.  So I may give Joe's OTC cocktale a go on the next big one and see if I can have a BIC time with a 4-handle.  And if I croak as a result of that, it will have been my decision and done by my willing hand.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com