Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] Loss of Confidence

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] Loss of Confidence
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 17:20:04 -0500
Apparently these serious competitors knew leaving off part of the exchange
would be accepted or they would not have spent the weekend operating that
way.  I have never operated the WAE RTTY contest however in other RTTY
contests stations frequently send a lot of unneeded information.  I think
more time could be saved by cleaning up macros than not sending pertinent
information.  Perhaps everyone should respond by sending "RST?  RST?".

John KK9A

Hans K0HB wrote:

During the WAE RTTY test this past weekend I came across a small handful of
stations which did not include a signal report (RST) in the report.  Two of
the stations were well known USA "competitors" who were on the air all
weekend long.

Below is an exchange of emails with the contest manager who seems not
concerned about my inquiry.  His attitude seems to be "it happens all the
time so we let it slide".

73, de Hans, K0HB