[CQ-Contest] Loss of Confidence

To: CQ-Contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Loss of Confidence
From: Hans Brakob <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 02:14:57 +0000
During the WAE RTTY test this past weekend I came across a small handful of
stations which did not include a signal report (RST) in the report.  Two of the
stations were well known USA "competitors" who were on the air all weekend long.

Below is an exchange of emails with the contest manager who seems not concerned
about my inquiry.  His attitude seems to be "it happens all the time so we let
it slide".

73, de Hans, K0HB

_____________​​​​​​______________________

Hi Hans,

thanks for participating in this years WAE-RTTY and your activity. Yes, you are
right. 599 (or 59 in SSB) is a pure formality. And (especially in CW) we see
strange abbrevations for the reports which do not fit with the rules of most
contests. But with the time, contest managers from all over the world accept
this on their contests. And for the WAE-RTTY we do so as well. But you are
right, may be it is time, to align the contest rules for the RTTY- and
CW-contests.

Thanks for your input and your comments. And hope to meet you in one the next
events (may be CQWW-CW).

/signature/