Re: [CQ-Contest] Antenna Switching

To: Lee Hiers <lee.hiers@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Antenna Switching
From: Pavel Perchine <pnihsrep@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 11:53:58 -0600
HI,

There is a solution to make an antenna switch life easier if any signal
leakage between bands inside the switch is found.
Of course, you can buy a new switch with better port isolations but you can
install HP BPF on a "bad" band before the antenna switch also.
Before the antenna switch means that you should filter harmonics after the
amplifier by installing BPF before signal enter the antenna switch. It
helps.
Jim, I do not believe that there is any antenna switch on this planet which
can provide -100dB isolation on 28MHz, even 75-80dB range is an excellent
achievement...and the number depends on how it is measured.

Pavel
VA6AM

My Projects: https://va6am.com/