Re: [CQ-Contest] WAE QTC Question

To: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WAE QTC Question
From: terryburbidge56 <terryburbidge56@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 19:37:04 +0100
Scott, It can be challenging. The delay is not necesarily your send speed but
the ability of the rx op to be able to transcribe quickly enough on to the
keyboard if they are search and peck typists. The fastest QTCs at my end were
finishing the serial number while I was transitioning from the callsign to the
serial # on my keyboard and I'm a touch typist.  They certainly tested me.
Also, the delay you experienced is possibly due to the rx op lifting their head
to check the entry line before sending 'R'. Hats off to the JA that sent their
QTCs by hand which is much more challenging for them than just hitting the F10
Key - takes the pressure off the rx op too.Anyhow, I love it. Toughest test on
the calendar. See you next year.Cheers,Tel/G6TSent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us> Date:
15/08/2023  18:40  (GMT+00:00) To: cq-contest@contesting.com Subject: Re:
[CQ-Contest] WAE QTC Question One did ask me to QRS for the QTC. Generally, I
just matched their speed or slowed down just a bit, or more if there were long
delays before the ack.I've never been on the receiving end of the QTCs, but it
has to be challenging.73,Scott K9MAOn 8/15/2023 8:43 AM, Mike VE9AA
ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca wrote:> I'm reasonably certain that ham transplants to
California will cry > foul but Scott, it got so bad here with multiple
zero-beat callers I > had to start sending "QZB" (ie: you're all zero beat,
please use your > XIT)>> That Q-signal didn't help either unfortunately ;-(>> I
love this contest. The EU's really know how to copy code.>  I missed Manfred
DJ5MW asking me to QRQ this year.> Maybe I was finally QRQ enough for this
contest as I did have 6 or 7 > requests to QRS.>> Mike VE9AA>> I started out
sending "QRU" when I didn't want to send QTCs. > Apparently, some don't know
what that means, or thought I sent QRV. > Later I just send "NO". (Many don't
understand "N", either.)> 73,> Scott K9MA</pre>>>>