Re: [CQ-Contest] QTCs

To: hg chapoton <hgchapoton@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QTCs
From: Richard F DiDonna NN3W <richnn3w@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2023 16:10:27 -0400
Later is what I use as well - usually entered in as one of my spare
function keys in N1MM.

There is an art to QTCs - you don't want to give/take them when you have a
good rate, because chances are anyone else who was trying to call you will
not stick around - it is at least two minutes of traffic.

On the other hand, you don't want a stack of 500 or 600 QTCs on Sunday
morning.  That means literally BEGGING people to take them, and it means
sacrificing QSOs for QTCs.

My favorite nightmare with QTCs is that it always seems that a nice, fat
multiplier pops up in the middle of my QTC string.  Since I'm sometimes
only SO1R, it means having to suffer through that string before I can go
chase the multiplier.

It is an art form,....

73 Rich NN3W