Re: [CQ-Contest] QRZ Button

To: john@kk9a.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRZ Button
From: Barry Jacobson <bdj@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 18:21:18 -0400
I agree that using any of these aids, call history, super check
partial, qrz during contests are less than ideal, and ruin the fun,
like bowling with bumpers that prevent gutter balls. Regarding the
forerunner of this thread on N1MM reflector in Serial Number Field
discussion, the case was a few  months ago that a fellow had asked for
a repeat of his info after I had already worked another guy. For some
reason when I scrolled back and brought up his QSO it did not resend
the old serial number, but the current one which had already been
given to someone else. Either this was a glitch, bug or operator
mistake by me. And now, if I didn't correct, it would penalize all
three of us for giving two guys same serial number, so I felt I had no
choice but to email him his original number to resolve the
discrepancy. This was a one-time issue, and I learned that in such a
case you must resend manually and can't rely on program. It may be
that the serial number counter is not linked to the previous QSO list,
but runs independently. I don't know, but I learned my lesson and it
won't happen again.

Barry WA2VIU
--
Barry Jacobson