Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote, Elecraft K3, Mumble, PC, AnyDesk - audio

To: w5wz@w5wz.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Remote, Elecraft K3, Mumble, PC, AnyDesk - audio
From: Gerry Hull <vy1aaa@vy1ja.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 17:27:20 -0500
Just to follow up on this one,  I did an Anydesk session with Scott last
night, and after some experimentation, we discovered the problem.

Scott had done everything right.

It turns out he has three Elecraft K3 radios -- not K3s.   They have
line-level audio in and out.
For some unknown reason, his mic audio was coming back on the line out when
transmitting, even with the Monitor turned all the way off.
If we took the audio out from the speaker vs line out, the problem went
away and Mumble works perfectly.

So -- either there is some weird K3 setting that causes this (and I've been
using them 20+ years and don't know about it), or there
is something astray in the I/O board of the K3.   Anyway, we have a root
cause.

73

Gerry W1VE