Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI Faucet

To: Keith Dutson <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>, CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RFI Faucet
From: "chuck.gooden" <chuck.gooden@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 02:33:55 -0600
Date: 11/13/22  12:07 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: CQ-Contest Reflector
<cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: [CQ-Contest] RFI Faucet I do a lot of
baking, so decided to purchase and install a new touch operated faucet for the
kitchen sink in the ham shack.  It works great, allowing washing hands without
messing with the faucet handle.  However, I recently discovered the faucet
turns on when I transmit power on 20 meters.  Also, my XYL decided she wanted
one of these faucets for the main kitchen, and informed me that her faucet
behaved erratically one evening when I was operating CW on 80 meters with 800
watts.Anyone know how to shield a touch faucet?  The model I have is Delta
Faucet Leland Touch Kitchen Faucet.  It is powered by 6 AA batteries.  The
battery pack is connected to the valve via a pair of wires about 3 feet in
length.  There is also a single wire about two feet in length connecting the
valve to the faucet.Thanks for any advice.73, Keith