Re: [CQ-Contest] Please Explain This...

To: Peter Chamalian <W1RM@Comcast.net>, "CQ-Contest@contesting.com" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Please Explain This...
From: Randy Thompson <k5zd@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 20:47:19 +0000
Yes, this can be annoying. Especially when there are two or more callers about
the same frequency and signal strength.

These days, it seems there are many people working CW who don't really copy it
that well.  They chase cluster spots and they kind of recognize their call. I
am not complaining - we need more CW activity in contests!

The goal of a contest is to work as many people as quickly as possible.
Sometimes that means working one of the other callers if you can get their
whole call (doesn't hurt it they are louder, faster). Rather than try to teach
someone a lesson in patience (a lesson they may not realize you are teaching),
you just have to do the best you can to get some call and keep moving.

Randy K5ZD