Re: [CQ-Contest] RES: CQ WPX M/M Distributed Category Update

To: "k9yc@arrl.net" <k9yc@arrl.net>, "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RES: CQ WPX M/M Distributed Category Update
From: Randy Thompson <k5zd@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 10:36:37 +0000
One of the great things about contesting is that everyone gets to select their
own way to play the game.  They may get on for a few hours, a lot of hours,
high power, QRP, single band, or maybe they just work in the yard all weekend.
It is not about you or us, it is about them and their enjoyment of the game.

Distributed MM is likely never going to be a major category.  It is a cool
application of technology. It is fun for those who chose to play that way.  It
may make QSOs available on some band that wouldn't otherwise have been
available.

I admit that I was a bit skeptical when the idea was first proposed, but it
sounds like those stations that did it enjoyed their experience.  Perhaps it
gave them a new challenge, a way to avoid Covid, or just a way to have fun with
friends.  All good.

Randy K5ZD