Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging Programs

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Logging Programs
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 16:02:25 -0700 (PDT)
I think most of us tend to stick with who brought us to the dance.

Back in the 80's My first "real" contest logger was CT.  Being a DOS
application the workflow was keyboard-centric, and I developed "instincts" and
mind/muscle operating habits which persisted after Windows chased DOS over the
cliff.

New Windows programs which were rodent-centric were non-starters for those of
us skilled in CT (or TR or NA).

So I went from CT to Writelog because Writelog allowed me to transition to
Windows while preserving the same workflow/user interface skills that I'd
acquired "growing up" with CT.  I've recently transitioned to N1MM+ for the
same reason, and because it didn't require a periodic upgrade payment to stay
current.

Is (N3JFP) (or whatever) better?  Could be, for you.  But I don't care.

__73, de Hans, K0HB

"Just a Boy and His Radio"™