Re: [Amps] 6M amp.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 6M amp.
From: Jim <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 09:36:09 -0500
This is due to FT-8.

In my opinion, it should be outlawed.

Just sayen...

Thanks, 73, Jim W7RY

On 10/22/2022 3:40 AM, Jim Brown wrote:

I love QSK CW on HF, but it's totally un-necessary at VHF and above. Besides, what I've heard of transition time of relays in an antenna system and switching for preamps are likely to be the limiting factor.

*More to the point -- CW has been dead on 6M, at least from my observation point in NorCal for at least four years.* Although I've been primarily a CW operator since 1956, the last CW signal I heard on 6M was 4 years ago, and it was a VE6 that I had to send 4 cards over 3 years to get a QSL.

73, Jim K9YC