Re: [Amps] 6M amp.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 6M amp.
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 01:40:46 -0700
On 10/22/2022 12:36 AM, jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net wrote:
For QSK CW, 24 msecs is way too long. 1-2 msecs is about the max you can
use for QSK CW.

I love QSK CW on HF, but it's totally un-necessary at VHF and above. Besides, what I've heard of transition time of relays in an antenna system and switching for preamps are likely to be the limiting factor.

More to the point -- CW has been dead on 6M, at least from my observation point in NorCal for at least four years. Although I've been primarily a CW operator since 1956, the last CW signal I heard on 6M was 4 years ago, and it was a VE6 that I had to send 4 cards over 3 years to get a QSL.

73, Jim K9YC