[Amps] Vacuum Relay Question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Vacuum Relay Question
From: Jim Garland <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 10:17:30 -0600
I'm repairing lightning damage to a 160m matching network at the base of my 80m 1/4 wave vertical, and am using a Kilovac H-16 (basically same as a  Jennings RB3) DPDT vacuum relay in the network, which has six short tungsten stubs  for RF hookups. There are matching short cylindrical sliver-plated brass terminals that slide onto the stubs, but no obvious way to tighten the terminals to the stubs. The pressure fit doesn't seem adequate for securing the terminals, since the relay is rated at 50A. Each terminal has a tiny allen screw, but it merely keeps the terminal from sliding too far onto the stub, potentially damaging the relay's glass bulb.  The tungsten stubs can't be soldered to, so I'm curious as to what the recommended method for attaching to them is. There are numerous vacuum relays that have a similar design, and in the past I've just abandoned the supplied terminals and clamped to the stub with copper strap. This time, however, I'd like to attach to the stub properly and hope somebody can provide me an answer. Thanks!

73,

Jim W8ZR