Re: [Amps] 220VOLT LINE...HAMS CAN BE DANGEROUS

To: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 220VOLT LINE...HAMS CAN BE DANGEROUS
From: <tongaloa@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:13:50 -0500
I agree with Louie, that one should know before doing. We were taught reading
and critical thinking when young. Why?
So we could keep on learning.

One of the good things about these lists is that one can learn from them, and
then go do...Sure, hire someone if you've better things to do, but IMO, every
opportunity to learn something new should be grasped. The good thing about DIY
done right is you know what's there and how it works when you've finished.

BTW, the 'professional' plumber set my house on fire and then told me to, 'go
get the hose'. Hell, I knew he'd shut the water off, didn't he? I keep a big
fire extinguisher in the kitchen (only place in the house with open flames, be
a fool not to have one there). That beat it enough to get the water back on and
then I spent the rest of the night digging out an interior sill plate that was
smoldering.

-bob
ah7i