Re: Topband: Noise canceller

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Noise canceller
From: Peter Dougherty <w2irt@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:16:32 -0500
I just ordered a 1026 last night, which will hopefully will arrive in
a few days. What do I need for a sense antenna if my primary problem
is S9+ AC power line noise?

The other question I have is how to connect this to my antenna
system. I have bad line noise on 80 for the most part (160 is clean
by and large), but occasionally it gets bad on the upper bands as
well. I'm wondering if I should just hook this up to my K9AY loop (to
the AUX in port on my Mark V), or if I should put this on a switch
somehow and and pass my TX antenna through this as well?

Cheers,

Peter,
W2IRT