[Skimmertalk] CW Skimmer Recordings - SpectrVue: "Input file not valid"

Jeffrey Maass jmaass at k8nd.com
Mon Feb 1 18:23:03 EST 2021

I recorded the CQWW 160 CW Contest this past weekend using CW Skimmer
version 2.1 and an SDR-IQ receiver.

After the contest, I wanted to review using SpectraVue (v3.41), but each of
the files refused to work, and the error message "Input file not valid"
displayed on a pop-up on the main window, and "WaveFile Invalid" in the
'WaveFile IN Setup tab.

I can re-play the recorded .wav files in CW Skimmer.

Is this a known issue?   Is there a workaround?    Is one of the other SDR
applications more likely to process these files?

73,  Jeff  K8ND