[Skimmertalk] My Red Pitaya - The mystery continues

N4ZR n4zr at comcast.net
Fri Jun 14 08:15:10 EDT 2019

Well, I've got got my Red Pitaya-based Skimmer Server working again.
Just a couple of things that I wonder if anyone can shed some light on.

1.  When I set SkimSrv to 192 KHz segments with 5 or more bands,
spotting stops entirely, though SkimSrv continues to spawn and drop
decoders . At 96 KHz, anything up to 8 bands continues working fine.
I'm guessing this is some defect in either the receiver software or the
hermesintf.dll, because my QS1R-based skimmer performs normally at 7
bands x 192 KHz.

2.  Periodically, but irregularly, my Red Pitaya SkimSrv will throw an
error and stop working.  The interval can be anything from a minute or
two to most of the night.  This is the error:

This does not happen with my QS1R-based system, and I'm wondering if any
other Red Pitaya SkimSrv users experience the same thing.

I should note this is with a 14-bit RP.  Also, despite all this, the
RP's performance is excellent, particularly on 40m, where its spots
consistently show a 2-7 dB better SNR than the QS1R,  The two are about
even on 20M, with the QS1R maybe l;eading by a dB or two.

Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite