[Skimmertalk] Follow-up on Skimmer with rtl_hpsdr (dongle driver)

tim04 at swandhams.com tim04 at swandhams.com
Mon Jan 22 12:45:06 EST 2018

Following on from my rather dumb question about RTTY Skimmer Server and
SDR Dongles, I've been following the latest threads with interest.

I have an RTL-SDR (only 1, not 6 or 7) which I'd like to be a source for
RTTY Skimmer Server on a Windows10 platform.
RTL-HPSDR translation server seems the right way to go, but to compile
that on a Windows 10 machine is proving a bit of task.
I'm following the example of "Odyno" on his page
"http://www.staniscia.net/1023-how-to-build-rtl-sdr-on-windows-x64/"
but it's not easy for me, when I'm having to learn how to use Cmake.

While struggling with this, I wondered -
Is there a compiled copy of the RTL-HPSDR translation server available
for Windows that someone might have out there ?
It would be a big help !

Meanwhile, I'll go back to my list of CMake Errors and Warnings.
I wish I'd learnt C++ all those years ago instead of playing Space
Invaders !

73
Tim G4FJK